The mission of the West Haven Police Department is to provide professional, knowledgeable, and thorough law enforcement services to ensure the safety and well being of all people, with constant awareness of the diverse needs of the individuals and community. Our officers will work in partnership with its citizens to achieve a spirit of cooperation and mutual respect for the betterment of the community. We will embrace a foundation of integrity and a code of ethics to provide the highest standard of quality of life.
THE PRIMARY MISSION OF THE WEST HAVEN POLICE DEPARTMENT
- We will hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of professionalism.
- We will conduct ourselves with ethics that reflect the integrity of our department to nurture public trust.
- We are committed to treating all persons and employees fairly and equitably.
- We are committed to a friendly, empathetic and courteous service, treating each citizen with dignityand respect.
- We encourage values that will foster greater police interaction with the community.
- We are committed to fair and impartial enforcement.
- We will respect and preserve the human rights granted to all people under the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Connecticut.
- We will preserve peace through effective law enforcement, problem solving, and community policing.
- We are committed to the improvement of our knowledge and abilities to promote professional development to best serve our community.
- We will always value human life as our highest priority.