This site is optimized
for 1024x768 resolution
The mission of the West Haven Police
Department is to provide professional, knowledgeable, and thorough law
enforcement services to ensure the safety and well being of all people, with
constant awareness of the diverse needs of the individuals and community.
Our officers will work in partnership with its citizens to achieve a spirit of
cooperation and mutual respect for the betterment of the community. We will
embrace a foundation of integrity and a code of ethics to provide the highest
standard of quality of life.
- We will hold ourselves accountable
to the highest standards of professionalism.
- We will conduct ourselves with
ethics that reflect the integrity of our department to nurture public trust.
- We are committed to treating all
persons and employees fairly and equitably.
- We are committed to a friendly,
empathetic and courteous service, treating each citizen with dignityand
- We encourage values that will foster
greater police interaction with the community.
- We are committed to fair and
- We will respect and preserve the
human rights granted to all people under the Constitution of the United States
and the Constitution of the State of Connecticut.
- We will preserve peace through
effective law enforcement, problem solving, and community policing.
- We are committed to the improvement
of our knowledge and abilities to promote professional development to best
serve our community.
- We will always value human life as
our highest priority.